Friday 11 April 2008

A good day!


Managed to get a few jobs done today that I've been meaning to do for a while- and pleasant weather to boot. Boat now on her new mooring at Rosneath, really not much of a problem getting out to work on her and lovely and quiet compared to being in a marina.

When I was out sailing on Tuesday I noticed that the line for the Genoa furler was badly damaged - replaced it with a new line today. Also re-routed the line at the furler and reduced friction in the system.

Also no noise from the prop shaft on Tuesday so things looking up! However did find a leak in the dinghy - maybe going for the 'ultralight' model wasn't such a good idea.

Since I bought the boat I've been irritated by the wires for the NASA Duette log and depth instrument running over the piece of wood trim inside the cockpit bulkhead (sad really!). Took the wood trim off, dug a channel in the back for the wires and re-secured. As I had suspected the ply on the bulkhead is rotten where it meets the trim for the washboard surrounds. Will need sorted out at some point but will be a big job to do properly. Took the opportunity of having the trim section off to give it a quick sand and then put some polish on it.

Sorted the electrical panel at last - just glued and screwed two little square section pieces of soft wood behind the panel and screwed through into this. Really wanted to do this job for a while!

A little dab of silicone grease on the BNC connector for the Garmin GPS seems to have improved the sets ability to pick up the initial signals.

Noticed when I was getting some stuff out of the starboard underseat locker in the saloon that it seemed a bit damp - must check for a leak in the fresh water line next time time I'm at the boat.

When I look at this post it sounds like I didn't do very much - but felt like I achieved a lot.

No comments: