Monday 26 February 2007

First post

The aim of this blog is to give me a way of keeping a check on progress (or otherwise) with maintaining and sailing my boat Fleur. She is a 27' Albin Vega, a Swedish designed long keel boat. At the moment I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the jobs needing to be done before I can get her into the water.
I have no real practical skills so I'm learning about diesel engines; 12volt electrics; GRP repairs and woodwork from scratch.
Immediate jobs are:
Fitting new solar vent in heads
Fitting new Heads
Installing access hatch to chain locker
Installing new screw inserts and Baird Tape on cockpit sole hatch

This last job is really the most important at the moment as I'm getting a lot of water in the bilge and I'm pretty sure that the loose fit of the sole is the problem.

No comments: