Thursday, 23 June 2011

Fleur is now for sale!!!

Sadly now having to sell Fleur. She is a great bargain at £9,000.

Friday, 7 August 2009

summer cruising

After sailing 300 miles from Helensburgh to Ardmair there are surprisingly few additions to the job list. Oil lamp on forward bulkhead wasn't really strong enough and pulled off its fitting when a crew member grabbed it in lumpy seas. Would like to modify black rope supporting lazyjacks to make it easier to reef the mainsail. Intend to use netting above the saloon bunks to stop things falling from the shelves behind the bunks.

Sunday, 21 June 2009

June Update

All appears well with the chartplotter - possibly I had not fitted the cables to the back properly. List of jobs not really shifting - whenever I get to the boat I want to go sailing.

Bought some cushions for the saloon to make it more homely as per wife's request!

Planning to take her up to Ullapool in July so would like to adjust rigging before then to give more mast rake.

Monday, 25 May 2009

May 2009

Had Raymarine Chartplotter fitted. Annoyingly it started losing power and eventually gave up the ghost. I've asked the contractor to look at it again. Also had the commandmic fitted - working well and very handy.

Thursday, 9 April 2009

Launch Day Tuesday 7th April 2009

With son Andrew's help got Fleur launched and moved to new permanent mooring at Helensburgh Sailing Club.

One lesson for next year is that it is best to leave the two spacer brackets in place connected to the bolt holding the forestay in place.

Had cleaned up the log wheel and made sure that it was spinning well before I went into the water but still not working - could be a wiring problem.

Had a great sail at an average of 7 knots! Peaked at 9 knots over the ground, helped by a strong ebb down the river. Took an hour and a half, rather than the expected three hours!

Would never have had the boat nearly so ready if it hadn't been for Frank helping get the anti-fouling on and Claire and Christine helping me to get sails rigged etc. the night before launch.

Sunday, 29 March 2009

Getting ready to launch

Last weekend got anti fouling applied. Used Tiger Xtra for first time, will be interested to see how it performs compared to Micron Extra.

Today concentrated on getting prop clean - need some sandpaper to do this more effectively - can't decide whether to use propshield again this year - didn't keep fouling off last year , but boat was left without being used for a fair while due to holiday in New Zealand. Really cold today so didn't bother trying Y10 on topsides as only works above 10 degrees C.

Did some cleaning inside boat. Left low watage heater on to try to get boat nice and dry for internal cleaning.